Sunday, June 21, 2009

forecast.



The seven-day weather forecast for the Brazos Valley. It has been hot. It is hot. It will be hot. It is so not a dry heat. I really don't understand how the humidity can be such a factor when it hasn't rained for over 25 days. The ground is dry, but not the air. Maybe it comes from all those sweating people.

My oldest goes to Youth Camp tomorrow. She's so excited. She loves camp. We've prayed over her. Over the leaders, speakers, music. Over the friendships - the friendships she's going there with and the new ones she'll begin. We've prayed over the food and the people who will prepare it (no peanuts). I've asked God to help her to be discerning, aware, forgiving, safe, and teachable. She has packed oh-so-meticulously and painted her toenails Taffy Pink. It's going to be a great week. I'm going to miss her.

My second child was complaining of mosquito bites today. Itch, scratch. Itch, itch, scratch, scratch. Turns out she was covered in hives. The Benadryl isn't working as fast as she'd like for it to, that's for sure. She has been my only child with no allergy issues so far. We'll see.

My third and fourth children came home late this evening from a weekend at Grandma's. They got new haircuts, new legos, and Captain Crunch cereal. I'm going to hide the cereal and see if they miss it. Ick.

I had the strangest dream last night. I'd kind of like to pick it up tonight where I left off when I woke up this morning and see what was going to happen.

{He said to them, "Listen to this dream I had:..." Genesis 37:6}

No comments: