Saturday, April 30, 2005

n'sync.

I have been noticing as I have been sewing beautiful, delightful, oh-so-yummy Chatterbox scraps onto a circle journal entry (yep, slowly but surely getting them done...) that my brain and my foot are not quite in sync with one another. I am sewing - in bright green, so mistakes are pretty obvious - and when I get to the end, my brain says politely to my foot, "Foot, please stop pushing the pedal. We are done sewing here." And like my 6-year-old daughter, my slightly rebellious foot obeys, but not immediately. So we get extra stitches where no stitches should be. I need to work on this. And if my foot starts the eye-rolling, oh-so-slight stomping, or the little grouchy I-don't-really-want-to-do-this comments, I'm really going to be worried.

And then I thought, hmmm....my brain isn't really very in sync with a lot of me. Is this old age? I'm 37. Is it overwhelmedom? I do have 4 kids competing for my attention almost 24 hours a day. Is it distraction? When I walk from the kitchen to the garage for something-but-now-I-don't-remember-what so-now-I-have-to-go-back-and-retrace-my-steps-to-figure-it-out I am usually planning a scrapbook page or making a grocery list in my head while giving a spelling test and correcting someone because they are using an outdoor voice indoors or whatever. Okay, I think I have answered my own question. I *am* distracted. It's a good thing my brain can be completely distracted and still make my heart pump blood, and my lungs do whatever they do or I'd be in serious trouble. God is good, isn't he?

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Psalm 150:6

1 comment:

kellicrowe said...

Ok - I feel crummy right now - but reading this is the best elixer I have injested in the past few days to make me momentarily forget the fact that it feels like I am wearing an elephant as a hat.
kellicrowe