Thursday, August 11, 2005

got that foot up.

For the last 10 years I have not:
ice skated
roller skated
snow skiied
bungee jumped
sky dived
you get the picture.

I avoid stuff that has obvious potentially painful consequences. Whenever something like that comes up I say "no, thanks" because I don't want to end up on crutches or paralyzed with 4 kids.

Not really much of a sacrifice because I'm a big chicken and no daredevil. I'd say no to driving over bridges, too. But then I'd never get home again.

So how is it that my kids are running wild while I keep my foot elevated and my crutches nearby?

Twenty-seven years ago I had an horseback riding accident and now I am dealing with it again. Surgery this week because when I was twelve years old, I didn't plan ahead to having four kids at home.....some things cannot be prevented, I guess.

Nothing funny here today. Just a fat foot and a Mama who is doing the bare minimum to keep little people alive and nourished until her foot heals.

And maybe a little scrapping.


Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21

**Edited To Add** I wrote a semi-poem about it.
I don't usually share my poems,
you'll see why.

MY SWELLING ANKLE
I can actually feel it getting fatter.
swell
swell
swell
it tingles
fluid going in
not coming out
the bandaids get tighter
totally conflicted with whether to do mom stuff
or keep it up.
so I do both and it swells

4 comments:

kellicrowe said...

oh, but the bare minimum to keep little people fed and alive is a lot. really. i say post a pic of that fat ankel.
post!
post!
post!
kellicrowe (the chant is growing, I can feel it)

Tiffany said...

I hope your ankle know you've got kids to tend to and heels faster than normal. Take care.

Ashley Calder said...

Stacey! I hope your foot heals quickly. :)



Ashley.

Kristy said...

Stacer.. I thought about you all day on Monday actually all week. I hope all is healing well!