Wednesday, August 17, 2005

open wide your mouth.



Yesterday at the park we had an ice-cream party with the 4-H group. I really didn't want to go....foot still hurts.

But THEN I thought - pictures! A photo opportunity changes everything. Sore ankle and all I packed up the kids, drove through Mc Donald's (yuk), and met Doug at the park and had an afternoon of 4-H kids and pictures.

In other news, I started physical therapy today. Ouch. For 30 minutes I had a person making me do all the things I have tried NOT to do for the last 10 days. Point, flex, turn in, turn out, push, pull. Now it's really sore, but it will probably be uphill from here.

Oh, and by the way, all the other people at the PT place? In shape. Rehabilitating from sports-related injuries. Fit. Strong. Skinny. Not making faces in pain, even though something probably does hurt. And then there's me...a slug. Making faces as a skinny person named Mimi tortures me by making me point my toes. Yes, my injury is also sports-related BUT the sport was 27 years ago when I was also fit, strong, and skinny. Next time I will at least have all of my kids so I can say, "All this fat - a badge of honor - from having 4 babies."

Who am I kidding? I have got to get this weight off. I've had my last baby. My last near-100-pound weight gain. I've gotta get moving.

After the physical therapy is over.


I am the Lord your God,
who brought you up out of Egypt.
Open with your mouth and I will fill it.
Psalm 81:10

3 comments:

kellicrowe said...

The picture is adorable !
love the lighting in it:)
those other PT people were fake, props really
evey time I look at your blog - at least once a day just to check
I hear Pink singing I'm Trouble Now b/c of that sweet conversation between Doug and Cody.
eeewww...if I can smell the frog bowl from across the room - ya think that means it is time to clean it out?
kelli

Jennifer Stewart said...

Stacey,

I just wanted to say I really love reading your blog. :) OUCH on the PT...and I know what you mean about "those skinny sports people." :P Love that photo!

Jennifer

Ashley Calder said...

I hope your foot heals quickly. :) I am totally right there with you about the whole baby/weight gain thing -- except I don't have a good excuse for remaining chubby, like a hurt foot.


Ashley.