Thursday, November 12, 2009

why it took me two weeks to make a card.


Here's my card for the CPS Blog this week.
It's all October Afternoon...I love the happy polka dots.
Well, of course I used Prism cardstock - in Butter Cream.
And the rub-on is from Melissa Frances.
But the rest of the card is OA.
It took me two weeks to make this card.
No, really.
I started it,
made about 87% of it,
looked at it on my table every day for two weeks as I rushed in and out of my house,
couldn't finish it.
I mean, I could have...
I just didn't feel creative.
Too much stress in my once-creative days.
I'm so tired of feeling like all I do is clean and drive.
Wait.
I'm on the verge of complaining.
Back to my card.
Two weeks later, I had to turn it in,
so the procrastinating/avoiding/dilly-dallying had to end.
I turned it in late.
Story of my life these days.
I'm tired of apologizing for being late
so
I didn't.
Now I'm sorry for not apologizing.

So.
This won't come as a shock to you at this point,
I'm sure.
I stepped down from the CPS Blog design team.
I'm finishing out the year.
I'll miss this little group so much
but I know there is someone who is less busy-
or maybe just better at fitting it all in-
who will do a great job with it.

Aside:
If anyone from my writing class reads this,
please know that this blog is not an example of acceptable writing.
Complete sentences are not optional in my class.
Do what I say
not
what I do.


So I had meant to blog about something else...

It's Thursday again!
How did Thursday come back around so fast?
I feel like Thanksgiving and then December are rushing at me
with the force of a
tsunami.
Run, Stacey!
Hide!
Seek higher ground!
Every day a (sweet, adorable, talented) child
brings me something to add to the calendar in December.
It's full already!
It's over full!
I am so thankful that the powers that be in my homeschool co-op
made us (okay, I had a say in this) start in early-to-mid-August
just so we could have a break between Thanksgiving and the beginning of January.
I am (understatement) so looking forward to this break.
I'm not sure I could face the holiday season if I was still maintaining a normal school schedule...

So.
This weekend Hymn Fest. (Hymns should be filling the air as I type this. Why is no one practicing?)
Next weekend Dance Revolution in Dallas. Three days of girls and moms and fun...
Then Thanksgiving.
I love Thanksgiving.
The day after Thanksgiving is Black Friday. My friend Angela and I got up at 4am to shop last year and it was FUN.
Somewhere in there, I'll put the Christmas tree up.
There's so much more on my list and it's overwhelming me to think about any more of it...

{Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Ephesians 5:15-17}

4 comments:

Laura Williams said...

stacey, i LOVE this card. And I adore those happy polka dots too. I was actually just using those happy polkadots on a CPS card of my own! :) We are SOOO going to miss you at CPS. . .but I know where to find ya! I'll just have to become a blog stalker! XOXO

Kathleen Summers said...

I'm sorry you're struggling with your mojo. I hate that.

Thanks for the verse at the end!

java diva said...

I never made the connection between lack of creativity & stress/busy. A mini aha moment for this girl.
I hope that your DT sacrifice lifts a weight off your shoulders. I appreciate you sharing your talents on CPS. Your viewpoint is very thoughtful, to give it to someone else who has more time. But you're wrong about doing it better. No one can come near your style! It's not replaceable.
I'll pray your busy season is not so hard on ya! :)

Gina said...

Whew, I feel stressed just thinking of your busy schedule. Your children are only home for a short amount of time so it is only for a season. Even though I will miss your cards it sounds like you made the right decision.