Wednesday, May 18, 2005

i found me some cool old stuff.

I went to my favorite thrift store this morning. Not really a great idea for someone who is purging and cleaning, but anyway. Cash only, piles everywhere, little old ladies in pink jackets bossing each other around, everything is twenty percent off today. Or is it just for senior citizens? No, it's 20% off everything for seniors, 20% off just clothes for us younger folk. This was confusing for the ladies in the pink jackets. I could see why.

So, what I found:
LIME GREEN burlap (really)
an old record to alter (I'm slow on this particular trend)
a ledger book from before 1950 (cool, very kitchy)
a wooden music box that plays a pretty song (let's see what I can do with this)
old dictionary (just love tearing out definitions for scrapbooks and cards)
very old (well, 1922) school song book for scrapbooking :)
a 1935 hymn book (love this)
red sequin flowers
a bag of metal circle thingies like washers but no holes in them (weighs like 6 pounds, paid 25 cents)
a falling-apart copy of The Little Red Hen (1958, the illustrations are so great)
1902 copy of Music for the Child World (I may not be able to tear this one up - it's awesome)

Each was 99 cents or less (most were less). I am thrilled. It doesn't take much to make me happy. Although I did go by my LSS and they have the new Wild Asparagus papers and stuff to go with it. That made me even more happy. :)

And did I say? 33% of my family is out doing something else today so it is quite peaceful in my home today. My ears are resting.

What a morning.

Who is he, this King of glory?
The Lord Almighty -
he is the King of Glory. Psalm 24:10

1 comment:

kellicrowe said...

So that is what happened to the pink ladies after Grease closed on Broadway. You should ask them to do a little "You're The One That I Want" next time you are in there:) They'll LOVE it. Swear.
Kellicrowe