Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Waiting stinks.

I entered a contest. My first, with the exception of CK Hall of Fame in 1999. (ha!) I made a really, really cool album. They required 6 pages. I did 30 - I know, I'm an overachiever. I'm so proud of this book, mostly because it's one of the few I have ever actually completely finished. I'm very happy with it but I don't expect to win, truly I don't.

But then, if I truly do not expect to win, why did I stay up until 4am the night before the deadline finishing it? Why did I spend $28 overnighting it by Fed-Ex to Minnesota? Why did I spend so much time finding their not-very-widely-available papers and album? Why did I spend so much money buying the stuff once I did find it?

Okay... maybe I did think I had a chance at winning. I also had a huge fear that if I didn't finish the album by the contest deadline, it would become another one of those beautiful-but-half-finished projects that I already have enough of.

The winners were to be announced "on or about April 30." Today is May 10. Let's get this over with!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Waiting DOES stink. But, win or lose you are awesome. I know you did awesome work with their product. So, I guess there is nothing left to do but wait.

Kristy (Waiting with you)

missy s said...

hope you get the call you want! but remember you got an awesome album out of it!